Who can benefit from Lymphoedema management or Complex Lymphoedema Therapy?
– Anyone who has sustained damage to the lymphatic system, whether through trauma, surgery, radiation therapy or Lymph node dissection/removal.
– If you are recovering from cancer treatment which involved your lymph nodes or you have had lymph nodes removed you are at risk of developing Lymphoedema and you should be assessed and monitored.
– Examples of this include -arm, chest or breast swelling after breast cancer treatment
– Leg, abdominal or genital swelling following gynaecological or prostate cancers.
– Facial swelling following treatment of head or neck cancer.
– CDT can also assist Lipoedema, Venous oedema, Dependent oedema, Obesity related oedema.
How can we Help you if you have Lymphoedema?
East Gosford Physio can offer full management of Lymphoedema, or those at risk of developing lymphoedema, using Complex Lymphoedema Therapy (CLT).